Terms of Service
Registering for an Account
In order to use our Service, you must sign in to our Website using your personal GitHub account and install the Pull Reminders GitHub App to your GitHub organization. Pull Reminders does not request or obtain permission to read or access your source code.
Pull Reminders offers paid accounts on a month-to-month or yearly basis. These plans will be listed on our Website and are subject to change at any time. The Service may be provided to you without charge up to certain limits or for a certain "trial" period of time. Usage over this limit (or after the "trial" period) or requires a paid account. The Service is free for non-commercial open-source projects.
All information uploaded to the Service by users ("User Content") is the sole responsibility of such users. Under no circumstances will Pull Reminders be liable in any way for any materials posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
Restrictions on User Content
Pull Reminders reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any User Content and to terminate users. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of our users and the public.
Restrictions on Use of the Service
In using the Pull Reminders Service you must not:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy rights);
- is or contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the Website or that of any users or viewers of the Website or that compromises a user's privacy; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that you know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted to or through the Website or impersonate another person or organization;
- copy or reproduce the features or functionality of Pull Reminders in a similar or competing product publicly listed on the GitHub Marketplace or Slack App Directory;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users or viewers;
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Pull Reminders Services; or
- modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Pull Reminders Services or any software provided as part of the Services, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law.
You also agree not to access the Website in a manner that utilizes the resources of the Website more heavily than would be the case for an individual person using a conventional web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, operators of public search engines may use spiders or other bots for the purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials on this Website.
End User License
Except for User Content, the Website, Services, and the information and materials contained therein, are the property of Pull Reminders and its licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Subject to these Terms, Pull Reminders grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to (a) use the Website and the Services (the "License"). Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the Pull Reminders names, trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features without our prior written consent. You shall not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules or restrictions on the Website and/or the Services.
If you provide Pull Reminders with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Website, and/or Service ("Feedback"), Pull Reminders may use such Feedback in the Website, Services or in any other Pull Reminders products or services (collectively, "Pull Reminders Offerings"). Accordingly, you agree that: (a) Pull Reminders is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of you or any third party and you have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to Pull Reminders, (c) Pull Reminders (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the Pull Reminders Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback in any Pull Reminders Offerings, and (d) you are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from Pull Reminders or any other person in respect of the Feedback.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Services available on a 24x7 basis (twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week), except for: (i) scheduled system back-up or other on-going maintenance as required by Pull Reminders, and of which notice will be provided to Client, or (ii) for any unforeseen cause beyond Pull Reminders' reasonable control, including but not limited to, internet service provider or communications network failures, denial of service attacks or similar attacks, or any force majeure events set forth in this Terms of Service.
Pull Reminders may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your ability to access the Website, Service or portions thereof. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of these Terms or any other agreement that you may have with Pull Reminders (including, without limitation, non-payment of any fees owed in connection with the website or otherwise owed by you to Pull Reminders), (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you, (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Website, Services (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical, security or legal issues or problems, and/or (f) participation by you, directly or indirectly, in fraudulent or illegal activities. Termination of your access to the Website and/or Service may also include removal of some or all of the materials uploaded by you. You acknowledge and agree that all terminations may be made by Pull Reminders in its sole discretion and that Pull Reminders shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to this Website and/or Services or for the removal of any of the materials uploaded by you to the Website and/or Services. Any termination made by Pull Reminders shall be in addition to any and all other rights and remedies that Pull Reminders may have.
DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS
THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." PULL REMINDERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY SUCH MATERIAL. PULL REMINDERS DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, PROVIDE ANY CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, OR ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE THAT CAN BE REACHED FROM A LINK ON THE WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE, AND PULL REMINDERS SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY. PULL REMINDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF CONTENT EXCHANGED BY MEANS OF THE SERVICE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PULL REMINDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, (III) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, (IV) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF PULL REMINDERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, PULL REMINDERS' LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU'VE PAID PULL REMINDERS IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENSION PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
Changes to these Terms
If we make material changes to our Terms of Service, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on our site or blog. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Services, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: https://pullreminders.com/terms
Last updated: August 2, 2018